Chaw of Chaws
Please join the forum or log-in unless this box-thingy will annoy you forever.
Chaw of Chaws
Please join the forum or log-in unless this box-thingy will annoy you forever.
Chaw of Chaws
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Number-One Fantasy site....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Forest of Dalahov

Go down 
AuthorMessage
~Ayra~
Admin
~Ayra~

The Forest of Dalahov Empty
PostSubject: The Forest of Dalahov   The Forest of Dalahov I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:10 pm

Note: This is from old CoC!
Fireworks. The perfect end to a fourth of July parade is Fireworks, my best friend Lunabelle told me.
I had begged my mother to see them. I was right to do it. Looking up at the sky, seeing those pretty colored lights didn’t remind me of that I’m sitting on the wet parking lot cement instead of in the soft grass like most people, and that we didn’t even rent a table, we didn’t have enough money to buy a sitting chair, either. It was me and my sister Delaprox’s first firework’s too. We were amazed, and so was my mother.
Our father would of loved them too, I imagined him sitting next to me. Out father was rich and famous, happy too. He was an astronaut, and was assigned to an important mission. He took off, proud and confident, and I might not see him until I’m thirty-six. He left us with a small jar that totaled up to twenty-five dollars.
Watching those Fireworks was amazing. With a boom and a crack they were thrown into the sky, flashing the colors of America, Red, White, and Blue across the stars.
We decided to see what was in the trash: A clean bag of McDonald’s French fries. I shared willingly with Delaprox and my mom, not willing for the show to be over.
In the end, a bunch of fireworks went off at the same time. I cheered, eating the salty fries. Delaprox’s eyes were big and huge, and I think she had the same thoughts as me. She licked salt from her fingers and cheered like the rest of us.
We then trotted home in the night, trying to find our rusty old shed. None of us talked, though I believe Mom would of needed a little more convincing to go to the fireworks. When we got home, all three of us threw ourselves into the warm, old, comfy falling-apart sofa. At last, Delaprox spoke.
“Elena?” She said, her eyes as big as usual.
“Yes?” I said, bringing my gaze back from the window to her.
“Elena, why did those people get chairs and fancy tables?”
“What people?” I asked lazily, wanting to fall asleep. “Listen, Delaprox, I’m getting pretty tired, so-“
Elena snorted. “Remember, sissy? The people in the tough springy grass as the Fireworks! They were sitting at decorated tables with friends and family, eating all this good stuff and laughing like they didn’t have a care!”
“Those people are called Rich.” I said.
“Rich?” Delaprox repeated, question in her voice.
“Right.” I said. “Mom taught me. There were a lot of riches at that party.”
“Like Lunabelle and Erine?” Asked Delaprox.
Lunabelle and Ernie are our friends from school. Lunabelle is my friend, and Erine is Delaprox’s. We haven’t seen them all summer, but they both have money. Lunabelle lives in a mansion and has her own room while Erine is Lunabelle’s sister. Lunabelle was always telling me to see the fireworks.
“Yes.” I said. “Just like Lunabelle and Erine.”
“Elena?” Delaprox said.
“Yes?” I said while yawning.
Delaprox snuggled in between the couch and me. “Good-night.”
I smiled and fell asleep.
The next morning Mom woke me up at six-thirty. “Come on, you all!” Said Mom. “Get up! We need time to nick breakfast!”
I moaned and got up. Our one roomed shack was close by to a plaza, which is where we got ready.
In Panera Bread, classic music was playing. An old man smiled at us and gave us one bagel each for breakfast, and we thanked him and ate our bagels. Mine was a little stale, but it beat our usual potato out of the trash can.
A Wal-mart was nearby, so we went into there. I washed my face not so cheerfully in the bathroom. The paper towels stung my face.
The schools around here start early: July 5th, which was the one-and-only today. I yawned as I turned on the sink and put some water on my arms. I wish I had another bagel, I was starving. I would have to pack lunch, we can’t afford school lunch, but usually if I’m still hungry Lunabelle shares some of hers. Delaprox was starting her first year at school, in Kidnergarten. My mother packed us good lunches for our first day: She was lucky, she found a whole loaf of bread and some cheese spare. She packed it to make us two sandwiches each. I smiled as she put it in and old paper sack. “Walk to the bus stop, and tell me all about your first day of school!” Mother told us. Then we walked to the bus stop.
Lunabelle was already at the bus stop. She carried her lunch box, instead of buying today. It was pink, Lunabelle’s favorite color, and had a picture of a cat snuggled in pink blankets. I would replace my place anytime with that cat.
Lunabelle smiled. “Hello, Elena and Delaprox.” Delaprox didn’t cower over like most kindergarten starters; she looked Lunabelle in the eyes and said “Have you seen Erine?” Lunabelle nodded. “I’ve heard Erine is having breakfast at Bob Evans. She invited all of her friends that could give her a dollar and twenty five cents there for a welcome back to school party. They had cake, I think they had ice cream, but it’s early, and waffles, and pancakes, and fresh organic maple syrup, and sausage, and eggs, and all of this other good stuff.” I drooled when Lunabelle mentioned all of these good things.
“Here comes the bus!” I said, willing to change the subject. All three of them spun around to see a big yellow and black bus coming torwards us. I was going into fith with Lunabelle.
We got onto bus #37 and found a good seat. Lunabelle decided to talk about lunch. “What did you pack?” She asked me.
“Two cheese sandwiches!” I said proudly.
Lunabelle snorted. “Elena, you always underestimate! Duh, I packed two cheese sandwiches! Well, here’s something to be proud of: My mother packed me pepperoni pizza, three slices, a pack of fruit snacks, two homemade cookies, and a pack of Sun Chips.” I drooled.
Finally, the bus stopped. I piled out, behind Lunabelle. First, I took Erine to her room, where she met her teacher, Miss Cnossehlot. “Call me Miss Knowsalot.” Said her teacher. “Let’s start off by singing the ABC song!”
I left with Lunabelle. Our room was on the second floor, room 222. I entered our room to see our main teacher.
“I’m Miss Whaley.” Said the teacher. For the first day, she was wearing whale earings and a blue skirt and top.
“I’m Elena.” I said. “And this is Lunabelle.”
Our teacher pulled a long list out of her pocket. “Oh, yes, Lunabelle and Ellina.”
“Elena.” I corrected. “El-Ee-na.” I said my name slowly so she could get it.
“Right, Elena!” Miss Whaley said. “Go find a seat with your name on it.”
I found my seat and sat down. It had a name tag with a red backround. I hate red! It’s the color of blood. I shuddered and just sat down.
I sat next to Quilerex and Jason. I knew Jason from fourth grade, he’s always grumpy about something and is Mr. Smart guy. I knew Quilerex from second grade, she’s always nice and shy.
“Alright!” Said Miss Whaley once everyone got here, clapping her hands together. “Welcome to Fith grade!” She wrote it in her best cursive on the chalkboard. “I will give you your schedules soon. For now, I’ve gotten all of your names, but I can’t get yours.” Miss Whaley pointed at Quilerex.
“Quil-Er-Ex!” Said Quilerex.
“Quilerex.” Said Miss Whaley. “And as you all know, I’m Miss Whaley.” She wrote Miss Whaley in cursive on the board. “First of all, I want you to draw one noun and two adjectives for a fun review of all the other grades. Then you draw a picture. Wilson, please pass out the nouns! Quilerex, pass out the adjectives!”
I closed my eyes and drew from the noun bag: I got Book. When Quilerex came around, I drew long and fat. A long, fat, book. It made sense. Maybe an encyclopedia. I started drawing.
Two minutes later, someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around. Lunabelle, who sat behind me, showed m her words; School, odd, and nutty. She showed me the picture she started: A school made out of peanuts.
I giggled and turned back to my picture.
Just when I was almost done, a snort came from my right.
“Yes, er, Jason?” Miss Whaley said.
It was Jason. I knew it.
“How am I supposed to do this?” Snorted Jason, looking at his blank sheet of paper and three words.
“Did you listen, Jason?” Miss Whaley said impatiently. “Did you draw a noun, two adjectives, and-“
Jason cut her off. “No, it’s the words I drew! I got Blue Handsome Pig!”
Miss Whaley smiled. “Blue Handsome Pig, I adore you, Blue Handsome Pig, Let’s go to Whole Foods!”
I laughed, along with the rest of the class. I could tell that Miss Whaley wasn’t srict, she was nice.
Since it was the first day, we didn’t have other classes. I got my schedule at the end of the day. I had the same times as Lunabelle. We did a high five. I got off the bus and ran to the shack. Delaprox said bye to Erine, and then she came too.
“How was school?” Mom asked after hugging Delaprox.
“It was fun.” I said. “Lunabelle is happy.”
“Good.” Mom said. “I’d hope she was. “
Tonight I decided to explore the forest. I usually roamed the outside. I did it after an exhausting day. I ran outside the shack and torwards the forest.
I roamed around it. I ran to a stream to skip stones. Then I went back inside the house.
“Good Night.” I told Delaprox.
“’Night.” Delaprox said, and she fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
http://chawofchaws.niceboards.net

The Forest of Dalahov
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chaw of Chaws :: Stories :: Write your own Off-topic stories-
Jump to: